Sheet Metal Fabrication - The Neese Shop
Pierce Associates has a complete sheet metal fabrication shop. This fabrication shop was established in 1961, the same year our company was founded. In 2011, and in celebration of our 50th anniversary, this fabrication shop was officially renamed "The Neese Shop" in recognition of and appreciation for the dedicated service and enumerable contributions of the following individuals to the success of both the company and the Sheet Metal Workers' International Associations (SMWIA) Local Union 100: Charlie Neese, Tom Neese, Dave Neese, Lofus Neese, Clarence Neese, Wayne Neese, Porter Neese, Charlie Neese, Jr., Roscoe Burroughs and "Lightning" Hull.
The Neese Shop is in excess of 35,000 square feet and is well equipped with state-of-the-art machinery and equipment. We maintain a large inventory of raw materials including coils, sheets, angles, rods, and acoustical liner. The Neese Shop is supported by a computerized coordination and drafting department, a purchasing and warehousing operation and a fleet of trucks, trailers and
material handling carts. On an annual basis we fabricate in excess of 3 million pounds of sheet metal products. Our in-house capabilities to produce ductwork, fittings, spiral pipe, casings, plenums, accessories and specialties enable us to meet demanding schedules, custom specifications and special designs while ensuring quality. The Neese Shop also provides support to our carbon steel fabrication shop, our plumbing fabrication shop and our piping field operations by fabricating a variety of sleeves, insulation saddles and specialty items. We have an experienced staff of supervisors, journeypersons, apprentices and certified welders. The Neese Shop operation is streamlined by using many standardized fabrication methods while maintaining our ability to be flexible to meet differing project and customer requirements.
The Neese Shop Equipment Includes:
- Iowa Precision/Lockformer TDC “Fabriduct” line – computerized, decoil line with a 16 gauge capacity and six (6) uncoiler stations, notching, tie rod punching, various roll formers (Pittsburgh, Snaplock, S&D, TDC and Weld Flange), acoustical liner application/fastening and bending brake
- Iowa Precision “Whisper-Loc” – automated seam closer.
- Iowa Precision “Cornermatic” – automated TDC corner installation
- 7.5 ton overhead crane.
- Two (2) Vulcan/Lockformer 20’ computerized plasma cutting tables.
- Two (2) Wysong 10’ power shears.
- Engel cut-to-length coil line.
- Standard Press Brake (12', 200 ton).
- Chicago Press Brake (12’, 50 ton).
- Chicago Press Brake (10’, 50 ton).
- Chicago Press Brake (8', 55 ton).
- Lockformer “Auto-Lok” – installs reinforcing automatically.
- Harper turning vane machines (large and small with rails).
- Roll forming equipment (Pittsburgh, Snaplock, TDC, Standing-Seam, Double S and Clinch-Collar).
- Weldline automated seam welder.
- Six (6) welding booths (equipped for MIG, TIG, STICK and HELI-ARC welding).
- Spiral-Helix spiral pipe tube former (up to 16 gauge and 80” diameter).
- Power rollers (4’, 5’ and 8’).
- Various power punches.
- Angle ring roller.
- Piranha P50 combination ironworker (cuts, punches and notches angle-iron and rods).
- Duro Dyne acoustical liner cutting table.
The Neese Shop Fabricated Items Include:
- Ductwork and fittings
- Spiral pipe
- Spin Fittings
- Security Bars
- Access Doors
- Drain Pans
- Flexible Connectors
- Custom Supports
- Casing Panels
The Neese Shop uses the Following Material:
- PVC/PVS Coated